Meet the Friends
Many of the young families who patronize the library have limited resources. Our library is a source of structured entertainment, reading activities, and recreation for their youngsters. Seniors in our community come to the library for books, for educational programs and for entertainment. The Friends make it possible for these services to be offered FREE to our community.
Imagine… the chatter of youngsters eager to pet Tuesday, the service dog, after his master finishes reading a book…
..the bobbing heads and tapping feet of a room full of seniors enjoying a concert from the high school of the performing arts…
…the laughter of people watching an audience member struggle to untangle the magician’s metal rings…
…the standing ovation for a speaker who’s brought Florida’s history to life.
FRIENDS make these things possible–through memberships, donations, book sales and grants. We encourage you to attend our programs, give a few hours of volunteer time, and become a MEMBER.
It takes more than good books to make a library…it takes FRIENDS!
- Put smiles on children’s faces.
- Bring talented performers and knowledgeable speakers to our area.
- Meet people with common interests.
- Receive a discount for ticketed events
- Feel appreciated by the library’s hardworking staff.
- Attend our celebratory Annual Meeting
- Know that you’ve helped our Fort Myers library be a valuable resource in our community.
For Contributor, Benefactor, Lifetime and Business Members, you’ll also receive:
- Recognition on the website
- Promotion for Business members
BOARD MEETINGS are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 3:00 PM at 1651 Lee St. Please check the calendar to verify the date. All meetings are open to the public. We hope you will come to hear what we’re doing and share your ideas.
Friends PROGRAMS are usually held on Monday evenings at 6:30 PM. Location: 1651 Lee St. next to the library parking lot. Our library campus programs are FREE to the public. Sign up for email updates.